Lake County Citizen Center

Find Information

Find Answers - Answer Detail Page

Environmental Services
What can I recycle?

What can I recycle?

Customers are encouraged to separate their recyclables from regular trash. Recycling carts can be provided to residential customers by Lake County or their local waste hauler. For more information, call 352-343-3776.  Any resident of Lake County may recycle items at any convenience center.

Residents may place any of the following items in the cart:

  1. All loose paper
  2. Newspapers
  3. Magazines
  4. Corrugated and boxboard cardboard
  5. All clear and colored glass
  6. Aluminum containers
  7. Steel and tin cans
  8. Household plastics, any color #1-#7

These items should not be in the curbside recycling cart.

Comingled containers are for normal household food grade items. Non-food grade items such as glass windows, siding, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), Pyrex, Tupperware, plant pots, foam, plastic bags or industrial plastics should not be included in the recyclables. Any residue or food left inside of recyclables will have a negative effect in the recycling process, so be sure to rinse or remove these contaminants. Containers used for holding hazardous materials; such as, cleaners, oil, fuel, herbicides and pesticides, should be recycled through the Lake County Solid Waste Division's Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) program, and not through the recycling program.

Learn more about recycling on the recycling page of our website.


Environmental Services

Was this helpful?

Send Feedback